I'm dead set sure i got the 'raw prawn', that's the dud deal for everyone who doesn't speak Australian. Yesterday was Australia day. I look forward to this day all year. I love it better than Christmas. I am a patriot. But today I am sore, tired, hungover and sunburned. But I still have to work. I guess it just all that Aussie spirit coming out in me. Though I'm beginning to think i should have thrown a good 'ole 'sicky'. But I'm here now so i should try to give it my best, although my boss knows me pretty well, and shouldn't expect too much from me today. Ha ha ha. My state today is mainly because I spent all yesterday being a 'fair dinkum wally'. That means I drank too much and went out all day in the sun. I went in the annual Ute run, and had a great day. Though something did catch my eye. Following behind me was a beaut green 4x4, with a blow up doll strapped to a camper chair, on the tray. Now this made me laugh, because the fortunate driver had bought that very same doll from where I worked. Now i didn't say anything, and nor did he. But we did exchange an almost inconceivable nod, that was disregarded as quickly as as it had been shared. And that is how we do things here, a nod is approval, a wave is overdone and a flick of the finger...well that could be anything. (depending on the finger shown). So is they way of the humble Aussie. Thankyou to all the kiddies who came out to share the day with us and our vehicles, thanx to the people who organised it so we could share it with the kids. Thanx to the families who came out with their kids. Its all about the next generation being shown that to be an Aussie, is to be proud, no matter what were made of. Heck thanx to every Aussie out there. Be proud for we are a great nation.
Till next time
call me Cruza
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment